Because, who wouldn’t want heart-shaped pancakes made especially for them on Valentine’s Day? I made these for Charles last weekend since I will be in New York on the real Valentine’s Day, and they were a big hit. You can follow whatever pancake recipe is your favorite, although I supposed adding blueberries or oats might change the consistency a bit. I just went with the standard recipe on the box to be perfectly honest! I’ve seen shapes created a few different ways with pancakes but here’s the way I did it, and it was super easy.
The long story short, is that you’ll just be pouring your batter into heart-shaped cookie cutters, which will need to be as hot as the pan, and sprayed with Pam. You’ll want to also hold down the cookie cutter at first so the batter doesn’t ooze out around the cookie cutter. Read below for full instructions!
- Heart-Shaped Cookie Cutters *
- Pam Spray
- A spatula
- A sifter or this handy dandy sugar shaker. I recommend the sugar shaker because it’s easier to clean than a sifter and you can actually just leave the sugar in it for future use!
- Your favorite pancake recipe & ingredients.
- Make your pancake batter and set aside.
- Spray your pan with Pam and add to heat.
- Put your heart-shaped cookie cutter onto the pan and hold it down firmly with one hand – or a sturdy utensil to hold it down so your fingers don’t get burned.
- Use your other hand to pour the batter into the cookie cutter.
- Once it has cooked a good bit on one side, you can slide your spatula under the cookie cutter and flip it over to cook the other side.
- Repeat until you have a plate full of pancakes!
Serve with strawberries and sprinkled sugar on top.
*The bigger the cookie cutter, obviously the less times you’ll have to keep making more pancakes, but the smaller ones can be easier to flip in the pan. Also, look for a heart with a more pronounced “V” in the top if you really want it to look like a heart and not a blob.
Let me know what you think if you try this recipe! (You can comment below or message me on instagram! @tiffanyolson) Thank you for stopping by!
Other Valentine’s treats that caught my eye: